Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Our Class Acrostic Poem

Yesterday we made up a Acrostic Poem that had something to do with our school or Topic. Each groups in our class made a rap or a song. It had to rhyme, make sense,you had to be confident and you had to have a loud volume when you say it. When we were working on it we all picked our favourite rhyme and put it together and some we just made up. We finished the whole thing and went outside to rehearse it.

We all had wacky ideas and thought about doing a beat box thing but then, our reliever said what about you just make sure you say the ending words properly and have good rhythm. Then our teacher said 'it's time to come inside'. We were panicking and hoping we weren't first. I was begging my fingers please, please don't be first and then she said Sione group and then followed by our group. We were so shy and nervous some people in my group were pushing each other in front so no one can see them. Then we started to say our rap it was funny.

Our rap;
Protection is guaranteed
There are friendly people here indeed
Encourage each other to do their best
No one tries to fail a test
Growing minds is what we have here
Loosing against other schools is our fear
And hear we strive to succeed
Not even some of us knows how to read
Do what the teacher says or else you will be dead!

Thank you for reading. This is mostly by my friend Sela thank you for letting me use your poem.

2 comments:

Mrs Tele'a said...

Talofa Helen. Rapping round from the girls! How fun. I can understand how you would have felt shy before presenting to your class. Though - once you're presenting it actually is a lot of fun, so much you wouldn't mind doing it again! Do you agree with me.
I think your poem is a good one, it would be a good idea to re-craft the line that starts 'not even...'I know that reading things out aloud to myself helps me to gauge whether it sounds right or not. See if it helps you.
Keep the good work Helen. It's great to see you writing. Maybe an update on Austin soon? Malo lava. Mrs Tele'a

Helen Tui said...

Hi Mrs Telea
Thanks for the comment.It was fun but I was anxious doing it because the class had to face the back of the wall,and we would stand at the corner behind them and I was still shy. In my group they kept on pushing me in front but then I didn't care so i stay their.
I will write a post about Austin soon. He was at sunday school last week and he was crying untill we faced him to Eddy and he stopped crying.Eddy is his secound mother he likes him alot. We never get to hold him when he's with Eddy you know why. See you later.Helen Tui