Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Seeing my baby cousin

On Friday after that delicious Easter meal we had quite a lot of left overs. So we decided to wrap them up and give them to my Aunty Lily and Uncle Fa'alata who were newly made parents. My Aunty Lily gave birth to a beautiful baby boy called Austin one week before Easter Sunday.

We rang up and asked permission if it was alright with them that we could come over and see the baby guess what they said YES!. So we drove down to Mangere and got there at 7:36 pm. When we got out we could hear somebody coming,it was my uncle. I was so happy to see him again. We came in and saw the baby who was sleeping He looked so cute. We all had a turn to hold him. He was so light.

When he was awake my Uncle Fa'alata took him in his room and changed his nappy. He looked so long and so skinny, but then he started to become red and he started to cry. So then we thought that he could be hungry. So my Aunty Lilly was feeding him. By that time it was 8:30pm. I was feeling tired so we said good bye to Austin, my uncle Faalata and my aunty Lily. We all went home feeling tired. What a day.

5 comments:

Russell Burt said...

Great piece of descriptive writing Helen. Your baby cousin sounds gorgeous. Good on you for writing in the holidays. I'm proud of your work.

Russell Burt

Mrs Burt said...

Hi Helen
I am so pleased to read that you are having a happy holiday with your family. I love the way you are continuing with your blog during the holidays. You have chosen a lovely topic to write about. Your baby cousin sounds very cute.
See you in another week
Mrs Burt

Mrs Tele'a said...

Hi there Helen! Wow you have been very busy in the holidays. It's great that you have been able to carry on blogging during your break.

I loved reading this blog in particular as it shares some wonderful news. I know your uncle Fa'alata and I had no idea he was having a baby! I was so happy to read that Fa'alata and Lily now have a beautiful baby. They must be very happy.

I can tell that you are very proud of little Austin. Babies are beautiful aren't they!

Keep up the great work Helen. Your writing is improving all the time. Don't forget to find yourself a buddy before pressing the 'publish' button.

See you soon.

Mrs Tele'a

Dianella said...

Malo lava Helen, exciting to hear you have an addition to your extended family.

It's been a long time since there was a baby in your household aye, you're all grown up!

Keep up the blogging and look forward to reading your next post.

Fa Dianella

Mrs Lagitupu said...

Hi Helen

Well done for keeping up with your blogging during the holidays. I'm sure that your aunty and uncle appreciated your gift of food over Easter, especially since they have a new baby to care for.

Only one week left to go! See you back at school next week.

Mrs Lagitupu