Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Last day of the Term

Oh no! It's the last day of Term 1 on Thursday. It would have been on Friday but it's Good Friday on the following day. I am so depressed and angry. I don't want school to end for us. It was so fun going back to school and having a new class and a new teacher. I have enjoyed playing with my friends at morning tea and lunch. I have also liked learning new things and doing podcasting, blogging, presenting to visistors and doing jobs. I also loved Camp Aritika

I have done so much this year it has been so busy at our school. We have had TV 1 Close Up come to our school, a woman and a man from a magazine called Upstart come, visitors from all over the world from different schools and a man and his two partners come two see if our school is doing well and doing what we are suppose to do (ERO). He also interviewed some of the kids like the year 5 and 6 extension group and 3 year 4 kids. It was funny and cool. I was nervous at first but then I wasn't shy anymore. So our 5 presenters did our best and presented in front of these people. The presenters were me, Sela, Paulitia, Leoden, Tanielu and Cruz our technology person.

We have been working on our thank you letters for camp, to thank all of the parents and the teachers who helped out at camp. We also have been working on our mihi which we had to memorise off by heart. I know it all, and I have to do it in english and maori. I also have been working on my visual mihimihi and my holiday recount.

At the end of the term our presenters, including Cruz, went to Mrs Burt. She gave us one deluxe bunny; 3 were Cadbury and 3 were dark chocolate. I got Cadbury. I also got another Easter egg in class. It was a marshmellow one. I also got a Easter egg from my friend that had buttons inside but I gave it to my teacher. And last of all I got an Easter egg from my other teacher - a big marshmellow.

Then we had assembly, my principal was giving out Easter show tickets. Heaps of people won them and family tickets as well. Then we shouted out loud HAPPY HOLIDAY and went home. At the end I was hugging my friends and my teachers.

Already I was crying at home straight away and missing school.

No comments: