Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Olympic medals

Thanks to http://www.mentalfloss.com/ for letting me borrow a picture.







Thanks to www.pocketfives.com for this picture.
Wow New Zealand so far have won 3 gold medals ,1 silver and 5 bronze,in total altogether we've got 9 medals.I think that it is fantastic that we have won these medals.New Zealand has work so hard and have trained hard to get this far.

My favourite sport person is Valerie villi.She was such a good player she looked very strong and very tough.I also enjoyed watching her because she won a gold medal for New Zealand.


Thanks to http://www.nbcolympics.com/ for letting me borrow this picture.

At the Beijing Olympics I also saw the twins Georgina and Caroline Evers Swindell.They were amazing as well they tyred there very best to win and so they started of with a slow paste and then they went really fast when they nearly finished.Then they tryed to get in front when they saw Germany catched up but they tyred there hardest and they came first they also won a gold medal for New Zealand.The twins encouraged each other and worked as a team and never gave up.That's what true champion do.




2 comments:

Russell Burt said...

Hi Helen
I've been enjoying reading your blog.
I think your work is expressive and well written. I really enjoyed the one about your sister's birthday.
Keep up the good work Helen, you're a real champion.

Soifua
Mr. Burt

Pt England Scribes said...

Hi Helen
I enjoyed watching the olympics too. When the Evers-Swindell twins won their gold medals my neighbours were cheering and screaming so much I thought someone was getting hurt but then realised that they were watching the rowing like me! :) Miss MacKinlay