Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Manaiakalani Film Festival

Finally! Hopping out of the bus as we arrived at Sylvia Park. Shivering as I thought to myself, ‘oh no’, our movie is playing in the extreme screen. Manaikalani film festival includes the 7 schools in our cluster (Pt England, Tamaki Intermediate, Glen Taylor, Panmure bridge, St Pius, Ruapotaka Primary, and Tamaki College), where we produce various types of movies to enter in the film festival. Really it could be about anything. This event occurred last week Wednesday.

To me my ultimate favourite movie was Te-News, performed by the students of room 15. It was so original, real comedy and the actor (Brodie Jack) was a natural. Many of the few students who have viewed this hilarious film, would’ve definitely agreed with me. At first I thought, ‘man is this another one’, but just watching a bit more I found it quite entertaining, luckily that happened.

In the cinema we got a chance to sit on the lazy boy seats, and ‘oh my gosh wasn’t that just a dream’. Comfy with my feet up relaxing enjoying the many films the schools had to offer. It was awesome! Until... I peered closely and no, there, stood Tanielu and Sela as they appeared on stage. ‘My gosh please don’t be it’, ‘please’. So our movie showed, sliding down my chair how embarrassing. Especially because me, Sela,Tia and Kezia had to flip our hair in one of the scenes, it was part of the movie ‘okay’!

Overall it was an excellent performance that the students had input in their movie. Interesting to see many students involved in these films and hopefully next year will just be as better.

No comments: