Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Demolition Darby

Of course I wanna come! One of my older brothers requested for both me and my sister to come with him to Demolition Derby. (Demolition Darby) It’s a racing event consisting of different types of race cars doing set laps non-contact. Sometimes at the end depending on their budget, there’s a race where the cars can contact, do all sorts of tricks and jump over bumps and attempt to crash each others cars. Obviously we wouldn't pass on this great opportunity and it sounds like a lot of fun.

Before we arrived there we stopped at Carl's Junior for a quick bite before rushing off to the arena. Reaching Waikaraka (where demolition darby is held), we came to a stop as our eyes enlarged, my sister and I were so stunned to see how many people my sister and I were so stunned to see how much people were there. No surprises there, huh!

Strolling to the main entrance finding a long que of people who already bought tickets waiting to get in. Entering the grounds through the gates, I looked up seeing a long flight of stairs leading to the top of the stands. There was a barrier that separated the race, and the path at the back that leads to the food canteen. Listening to the sound of the cars lead us …. the corner as I got closer and the throng grew, we took a seat at the back which made it difficult for us to see. Switching seats, we sat on the grass not far from the fence near the tracks.

Prrrmm prrrm! The engines of the cars were getting ready to start, the sound of the engine completely drowned out the voices of those who were talking to me. It really made communicating with others difficult. Suddenly the green light appeared and off they raced, speeding through drifting as they reached the corner was incredible. Having a bet with each other choosing a number on a car, to confirm who would win. Apparently it seemed that my car I choose would always come 2nd, 4th,or 6th, but never first. So the pattern continued.

Shivering as it became chilly , caused my hand to become numb. Especially catching all the great action on the camera forced me to leave my hand from being warm. What was really funny was that, where we were sitting it was near the fence. Going down a few steps not far from where we were sitting, the fence there separated us from the tracks.

Grabbing some hot food I came back to watch the fireworks they had on display for us. ‘Oh my gosh’, it was just the best. To be continued......



No comments: