Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

My volcano stack and five fabulous facts

As you already know you've seen many volcano stacks lately. Here is my one I created and my five fabulous facts.
1. In Auckland we have 48 volcanoes near us and they are mostly cinder cone.
2. Mt Peele in west Indies is a plug dome, it can erupt violently
3. Mt Ruapehu had erupted in 25th September 2007, it was a huge explosion.
4. Most volcanoes are found on the edge of plates.
5. The last time Rangitoto erupted erupted was 600 years ago.
Hope you learnt some facts about volcanoes.

1 comment:

Nga Kaituhi o PES said...

I like the variety of facts that you found during Immersion Helen.
I am looking forward to seeing what else you have found out and what effects Volcanoes have on us right here in Auckland.
That was an interesting choice of soundtrack to enhance your movie.
Mrs Nua