Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Learning Basic Tennis Skills

Brand new equipment set out like the new rackets and tennis balls, also tennis nets for our school. Fun but also intense, tennis is a competitive sport. Learning for the first time and having Marcelle who was our instructor, was teaching us a few techniques in our first lesson.

Shaking, it was so nerve racking as I wait for my turn in line. Especially when me and Sela were the only girls, and the boys were winning most of the time. Sela pushed me forward, and I was hesitating to hold the racket, my hands became sweaty.

Doing an under arm serve sort of made me feel a little more confident. Then swinging the racket and actually hitting the ball over was an amazing feeling. Then it continued. After approximately 4 hits... I actually beat Zane! Phew! I was so relieved. The next game I lost, which was to Tanielu. I did’nt really care because I knew that I improved.

Now I am feeling so eager to actually have more turns. Beating like two more people to me felt like it was a fluke or luck. This game that we are playing right now is called the king of the courts. Whoever would win would swap to the king side.

It was a pleasure to play against my fellow classmates and I really had heaps of fun.

No comments: