Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Cross Country

Oh my gosh! My feet were numb as the year 8 girls stand in their position on the chilly grass. Getting ready to start our Cross Country race. The year eight's, both girls and boys had to run 3K's and a half. But year seven's only had to run 3k's. Bang! As Ms Vaafusuanga clapped the two boards together, the girls shot of and sprinted around the cones.

Pasting myself as I headed through the reserve, I became dehydrated. I started to reach the top of the reserve, already seeing people curving through the path towards Tahuna Torea. I was so amazed to see the boys already catching up to us since we left first. Running through the the shells, it stabbed my feet so badly.

As I nearly finished and heading towards the playground. People were screaming out, Go Helen! Running towards the finish line with the people on the side cheering. Finally I finished, I was so proud that I kept jogging most of the way. Hoping that I can improve on fitness next time, I will try my best to run all the way.

No comments: