Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Trip To The Zoo

Yes! I had the chills when we were getting ready to go to the zoo, this was part of my aunties work (Vodafone). It was awesome because I've hardly been to the zoo in ages, not since I was little and I was so eager to go. We drove closer to our destination and I became more excited. I was vibrating in my seat and my baby cousin was staring at me awkwardly. We saw the sign that said Auckland Zoo, and we headed to get our wrist bands for those that were part of the Vodafone company.

First thing we did was to go and visit the monkeys. It was so cool I filmed the monkeys hanging on the tree, it was awesome and Austin was trying to pronounce monkey. It was fun because other times I have visited the zoo the animals haven't come out and it was great to see a change. We headed to the center of the zoo and there were many bouncy castles, and a sausage sizzle stand.

A little while later we came to get a sausage sizzle. The sausage was wrapped around a really fancy bread with onions and sauces. I took a bite, it was really nice. We went to the kid zone where all the small animals were, Austin went through the green tunnel many times and I just couldn't handle it. The animals that I thought were small turned out to be very large for their size, like guinea pigs which made me wonder when was the last time I came here.

Anyways, we went around and saw many more animals like the parrot, tortoise, monkeys again Austin and my other cousin were insane running around. Lastly I went and grabbed myself a Magnum, yum! As the hours of darkness came, we left and grabbed dinner. It was one of my best Saturday’s I’ve had and I can’t wait for this Saturday to see what’s in stored for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Helen i read your story about going to the zoo I really liked it . it sound very cool at the zoo with your class room .i wish I went to the zoo with your class room .