Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Camp TC Reflection

Camp is an annual event that is always held outside on our school field. Before rushing out the door I just double checked my gear again. When I arrived at school, I could see there were only a few people at school. And to think that this whole time I thought I was late!

Camp TC is our name of our camp, and it stands for Take Charge. All the year 7 and 8 campers got separated into 6 groups. Participatorz (my group), Thinkerz, Respectablez, Responsiblez, Carerz and Motivatorz. In my head I was just extremely excited to hear that I would be in a tent with Sela.

As we emerged into one line we separated into two teams and left to go. Our first activity for the day was with Mr Harris. We had very strange names for our activity and played against each other to find the winning team. One of the games we got to play was when we had to roll the ball past the cone, then we run after it, pick it up and pass it to the next player.

The very next morning we were given instructions to present a MTV movie, a group item and a stand out performance. Our group was last to film our MTV. It was sort of a struggle thinking of ideas and controlling your team at the same time.
That same afternoon, there was a company named rock up. They provided us with various different types of games that we all participated in together. So many fun filled games we could participate in like the Dunker which I will tell you later on, rock wall, Alligator Alley, Ski boards and Archery.

My favourite highlight for camp was the dunker. I took a deep breath, taking a glimpse back at my team mates who were eager to get a turn at throwing the ball. I was ready to hit the target. As I held the ball I got that feeling where I knew I was going to
push that button. I flicked the ball up and down in my hand, then with all my power I threw it as hard as I could. My aim was accurate. My eyes followed the ball as it got closer to the target. It pushed it back with a ‘bang’! Nathaniel splashed into the water, with a surprised look o
n his face. It was the greatest feeling getting people out and I was going around saying yeah, yeah, yeah!

On the last day of camp TC we headed down to Swimarama and enjoyed the last day. Exhausted as we were, we came together in the street and heard our final instructions. We got our gear and for the first time since camp started we left to go home. This was the best yr 7&8 camp we’ve had so far and will always be.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Hi Helen

It's Tamara it look like you had fun at camp. So was Sela in your tent? or not. I was pretty like you when you dunk people inside the dunker. Me and shaniah got Tuitalau in and it felt really good.
Camp was really fun and it look like you had fun to.
Keep up the good work!!!!!!!

From Tamara

Aldora said...

Hi Helen that looks like fun and cool, I don't think that you know me but I don't care because this was are interesting blog. Love from Aldora