Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Masquerade Ball

I'm so excited! I got the chills as I walked down the red carpet out on the main doors of our hall. On Saturday the 22nd of May we had our masquerade ball held at our church. I walked on the red carpet feeling like I was actually on a real live TV show on the celebrity carpet, with Mrs Tele'a filming me and my friend walking down the aisle.

The reason why we had this was because that day was our 30th Anniversary of our church, starting from the time it was built. Each year we would celebrate, with the teachers discussing every year what theme we would have. I really found this theme interesting and fun.

I was so eager to look and see what others dressed up like and the cool masks they were wearing. Walking in the hall, I saw really cool decorations. There were tables with pretty lights in it, lanterns hanging from the ceiling and some poster's on the wall to make it much better to stare at. Because it wasn't as packed yet, we waited a little while longer for more people to arrive so that we could start.

We had many prizes to give out and a black pearl to be won. This fine pearl flew in from the cook Island and their was a draw to be won. I had a great time looking at the performances like the dances and singing. Some of it were so funny and unexpectedly surprise you. But it was such a enjoyable night we had.

On the night my favourite best dressed was worn by Ata, with her lovely white ball gown slash wedding dress. It's really hard to describe it. That night I was wearing a black dress, with a white short cardigan, a grey mask and heaps of jewellery.

This is a memory never to be forgotten and it was a great 30th Anniversary celebration.

No comments: