Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

Trip to the Museum

On Wednesday June 24th the Year 6 extension group went with the Year 5 children. We went to Auckland War Memorial Museum . We joined with Rooms 14, 15 and 16. In my group was Kezia, Paulitia, Moses and Blessing. Our parent helper was Paulitia's older brother Peleti.

We went with Room 15, marked the roll, then we got into groups of 5 or 6. After that we all met in the hall and made sure we had everything we needed. So we left class by class and walked on the bus to find ourselves a seat. We travelled slowly on the bus and had a bumpy ride.

When we arrived we turned with a bump and the bendy bus looked like it was going to separate. We got off the bus and went into the museum. At first it looked very cool and different from when I last saw it. So we walked to the entrance and when I looked around it felt like it was a whole new place. We sat down and all got together and put away our bags in something that was like a cage, like a huge locker. After we got all of it under way we walked on the red carpet. I felt like I was a celebrity so I was pretending I was one! I was also imagining that there were paparazzi taking my photos.

We walked in and saw some neat chairs that I've never seen before. But one of them was like a chair you can get from Harvey Normans called a Lazy Boy. But any way, when we went past all these amazing artifacts we arrived at this lab which had a movie playing and also on the right side there was a path. When you walked on it it will lead you to a glass and underneath it was an underwater world.We went around looking at different stuff.


Finally went exploring the Museum until it was home time. Me and Kezia were pretending that we were spies.Finally it was over so we went back to school and had our lunch. We also had extra free time and then we had to go back to class when it was finished. What a day!

1 comment:

Etta said...

It was really cool at the mueseum i loved the part when we had to dust lots of things,but the most thing i liked was the story the story that you wrote it was really interesting it really hooked me in.

Well done Helen!

Etta