Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ultimate Athletes

Thump! As the ball landed out of the school grounds, laying on the field. Shaniah finished having her throw, It finally reached my turn. The noise of my supportive friends encouraged me a lot. I was focussed and ready I leaned over and bent down to pick the ball, I threw as far as I could.

Athletics already began, it was an annual event displayed every year at our school field. This is to find our elite athletes in each activity. Many people came dressed up in their house colours Takitemu,Te Arawa, Tainui and Mataatua.

My highlight would have to be Softball throw and Discus. The reason why was because Ms T announced that I came first in Softball throw. Another reason was that I came first and then suddenly I was knocked out by Racheal in discus. A new experienced sport we never knew how to play, was javelin, you were given a technique to follow. You had to pretend it was like a dart, slide it through your ear and aim down.

Now I can’t wait until Interzone (This Wednesday)!

No comments: