Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Motat





Our senior school from Pt England School went to Motat on June the 13th to learn about the principles of flight; drag, lift, thrust and weight. Through the door when we arrived there was a lady who was telling us as we walked us about where we were and where we were going to next.



First we were in groups of five. I was in Omni's mum's group. We went to go and look at information about Richard Pearse and Jean Batten. At the museam it showed all kinds of stuff plus it showed Jean Batten's bicycle and it also showed how she died. It said she died from an untreated dog bite.
There was also a theatre there and Richard Pearse's planes. The lady said we weren't allowed to touch anything.

Next we went to the Hands On Area that is the place where we were allowed to touch stuff. My most favourite part of the Hands On Area was the spinner, that is where somebody pushes you and you twirl around and around. Another part of the Hands On Area I liked was the earthquake cafe. It is when you push a button and you sit on a chair in the cafe and it will shake like an earthquake.

Next we went into this place where all these olden day bikes were, it was a like a big collection of it. After that we went though the mirror maze and I was scared because I feltl ike I was going to get trapped and I would never come out. That is why I was holding on to Paris all the way through.



No comments: